02 February 2008

Leaving on a jetplane!

Tomorrow I go to Cali (again.)

I get to see my dog!

This is very exciting.

Also exciting:

I finished the body of my Gathered Pullover!

It fits great. It's always so exciting when a sweater actually fits, isn't it? I mean, theoretically if your gauge matches the pattern, it should *always* fit, but it still seems somehow magic. The armholes are maybe a little deep, but it's not bad. Definitely something I can live with.

And the cable detail:

The body still has all the ends hanging off but I figure I'll get it all taken care of while I'm on vacay.

I started one sleeve. I hate magic loop.

In other news, I checked my mail today. (That only happens about twice a week.) But look what I found!

Two skeins of Mirasol Miski (100% baby llama) in jade. It came all the way from California, where the lovely L lives and blogs. She had a contest back at Christmas and this is my prize. It's super soft and the color is gorgeous. I think I'll make a neckwarmer from it — maybe the Cherry Garcia from Hello Yarn.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the pull over looks great!

ooh, that is some great gift yarn!

Anonymous said...

sweater is looking great! how long are you going to be gone? going to do any yarn shopping in cali? may i recommend some teal blue/green yarn? ... i really don't think oyu have enough. :-)

have fun. fly safe!

Alyssa said...

give magic loop a chance it will grow on you I promise.

Have fun with your dog!