17 February 2008

Update-a-rama!

My computer and my camera are finally home, along with my wee bag o' knitting notions (funny, how you never notice how much you use stitch markers — I favor these — until you CAN'T FIND ANY) and my copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows (which, had it been here, I probably would not have thought twice about, but since it was NOT in its place on my bookshelf, it was the only thing I wanted to read.) (That was just about the longest sentence ever.) Since the inconvenient absence of said laptop, I've been doing a LOT of knitting. If you're one of my friends on Ravelry, you've probably noticed the SEVEN projects I updated/added last night, at like 2 in the morning. (Don't ask.) Rather than write about all of them in one blog post, I'm going to stagger them out over the week for some interesting blog fodder. It also means that I don't have to write a 32-page blog post.

Today's project: Mom's finished Valentine's socks.

She was really disappointed that I didn't finish them while I was in California, but this stitch pattern? Really freakin' fiddly. The socks will be packaged up and winging their way to her on Tuesday (FYI: Monday is a federal holiday. No mail. Suck.) Dad's Valentine's socks have been frogged (again) and will be restarted... sometime.

Pattern specs: Magic toe cast on, 72 sts on US 1 DPN's. I used the Broad Spiral ribbing from More Sensational Knitted Socks. (I totally copied a pair of socks that Lisa made.) The yarn is Panda Wool by Crystal Palace, color basil curry. This yarn is really soft, and I like the feel of the fabric it knits into, but it splits like none other. I probably won't use it again.


Last week Alyssa gave me a You Make My Day award. Thanks, Alyssa! It's always so nice to know that people read (and enjoy) my blog. So I'm supposed to nominate 10 people whose blogs make my day.
  1. The Amazing Adventures of the Kelly-Green Rogue
  2. Knitting Virgin (Weasleys!)
  3. Dutch Not German (My favorite Floridian)
  4. Snowangels
  5. Books and Knits (very Harry Potter-centric — I love it!)
  6. Sonnet Stitches (The Other Jo)
  7. Shoes and Yarn
  8. Proptart Knits (when she updates, which is once every blue moon)
  9. My Boring Life (Yarn and cats and a dog)
  10. The Lady Knits (cutest stitch markers EVER.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww. Thanks! I really like reading your blog, too. The Harry Potter talk is fun. :-)

the Lady said...

Ho, ho, thank you!

Gale Bulkley said...

Nice socks.