So I started a pair a while ago with some yarn I've had for quite some time.
Artyarns Supermerino, color SM112. As you can see, the first sock is done. I'm using the Wendelin pattern, slightly modified. Since I'm using a sport-to-DK weight yarn (some would even say worsted weight), my gauge is whacked. So I'm knitting these socks on US 2 DPNs (Hiiii-ya!!) over (I think) 52 sts. They are going to be bulletproof. I like this pattern a lot, mostly because of the wacky ribbing. It keeps things entertaining.
There is mucho other knitting going on behind the scenes. But in the meantime, here's something to distract you from whatever it is you ought to be doing. One of my favorites.
2 comments:
OH MAN, the boogie woogie sheep? I totally forgot about that one. See, for you youngies out there, some of us used to WATCH Sesame Street every day for our super-special reward for being such good little girls and boys. We had no cartoon network, no cable televisions, no REMOTE CONTROLS, holy crap, how did we survive? I loved the boogie woogie sheep. I think it sowed the seed in me as a child to become a knitter. Sesame Street rocks.
Ernie would've been toast as my roommate.
Post a Comment