18 February 2008

Today's FO


Jasper hat
Originally uploaded by knitjoknit

This wasn't an FO when I originally posted it to Ravelry, but I finished it last night and got my roommate to take my picture, rather than snapping a blurry, flash-free photo of myself in the bathroom mirror.

The yarn is Berroco Jasper, purchased at Twist in Wichita. I also made mittens from this same yarn, so it's a cute little set. This yarn is soft soft SOFT. I used my basic hat recipe (cast on some stitches, knit some ribbing, knit some stockinette, decrease, run yarn through stitches to bind off) and then made a happy pompom. LOVE IT.

I actually have a bit left over (the mittens didn't take a whole skein each, so I used one bit of leftovers to finish the decreases on the hat and the pompom) and so I have this ridiculous urge to knit i-cord with the leftovers and string the mittens through my coat sleeves.

No comments: