31 January 2008

Awesome Ravelry swap.

I scored some AWESOME yarn on Ravelry. I feel that I got a fan-freaking-tastic deal on it.

9.5 skeins of Rowan Rowanspun 4-ply (now sadly discontinued.) The color is called jade, and it looks strangely familiar.

I think I'm going to use this yarn for a tweedy Thermal, rather than the natural-colored one I was planning. (Me, fickle? Surely you jest.)

Progress on the Gathered Pullover continues. I finished the right front and started the back at UFO Wednesday last night. I've decided to magic loop the sleeves. Those of you who know me personally know of my deep, abiding loathing of the magic loop technique. That should tell you how much I DON'T want ladders in my sleeves. This is a DK-weight yarn knitted at a worsted gauge — therefore, the DPNs are going to be too heavy and create hideous gaps where I switch from needle to needle. Not attractive. So magic loop it is.

Confidential to KU fans: nanner nanner, we beat you at Bramlage. (I don't give a flying fruitcake about basketball — or any organized sport, really — but it is nice to rub it in the Jayhawks' faces every once in a while.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oooh that is some fabulous yarn!

Amanda said...

Wasn't it so lovely to see the poor Jayhawks lose!?!