06 February 2008

Blogging under the influence.

Wow. I totally don't even remember writing most of that post last night. I remember being incensed by the fact that there had never been Quidditch trials before book 6, and it just kind of escalated from there. I've been taking Ambien to help me sleep, and if I don't go to bed right away, I have a tendency to do things that I have no recollection of doing when morning comes. But I had no idea I would be able to type legibly and (fairly) coherently. And apparently I ordered a bunch of songs from iTunes.

So there's that.

And then there's this:

I've been spending oodles of time with my puppy. It's winter (in the absolute loosest definition of the word), so his fur coat is fluffy and soft, and he's very nice to snuggle with. He's been keeping my feet warm, both at night and during the day while I'm knitting.

Speaking of knitting.

It's blurry and the color is bad, and it looks like it fits, but... surprise! My measurements are correct according to the pattern, but my sleeve cap is WAY TOO SMALL for the armhole. My mom, who used to be quite the seamstress, even tried to help me fit the sleeve cap into the shoulder of the body, but no dice. So I'll be ripping back the shoulders — I like the fit of the sleeve and the sleeve cap, so the body is where I'll take away the extra room.

My mom is doing really well. She came home yesterday morning (24 hours after surgery) and is doing great. Tomorrow we have a check up with the doctor, and since she feels so good, we're expecting a good report!

5 comments:

pamM said...

Glad to hear your mom is doing so well. BUmmer about the sweater. (I have been admiring that pattern after seeing your sweater. I promise I won't go completely SWS on you!)

pamM said...

THat should be S W F (and I can't blame my computer efforts on drugs)

Alyssa said...

As long as you're not sleep-eating alls good!

Anonymous said...

I remember when I first got itunes I thought this seems like a great way to get drunk decide you must have every song Devo ever recorded.

littledevilworks said...

Ooo the sweater looks great - good luck with the sleeves. It was nice to meet you tonight!