
Yeah, yeah, this is a crappy photo of my new socks, but I was running late for work this morning so this is what you get.
I love them completely and totally (because I have a fickle, fickle heart) and they are warm and soft and they fit well AND they knitted up in no time once I sat my ass down and worked on them. It was a mild case of second-sock syndrome, but I've recovered quite nicely.
ArtYarns SuperMerino (worsted), 52 sts, US 2 DPNs, Wendelin pattern from Quietish. I modified the pattern quite heavily to make up for the fact that it was written for fingering weight yarn, where I used light worsted. Because I like my socks to be bulletproof, however, I still knit it at 6.5 sts/in.
Today I'm all matchy-matchy with my socks, in my khakis, pink tank top and purple sweater.
Edited to add: I used almost every bit of yarn for these socks. It's hard to see in the picture, but they're not very tall — I knitted just less than 5 inches after I turned the heel. And I have small feet. So if you were going to use this yarn to knit these socks (or any socks for that matter, really) I'd purchase a third skein.
4 comments:
mmm... socks. Enjoy!
I used the same yarn for my foster daughter's socks last year and they weren't much longer than that.
Yours look good.
Cute, cute, cute! Matchy Matchy is entirely too much fun. The yardage is why my artyarns socks ended up with a different colored toe....I know, I know, if I knit them toe-up, blah, blah, blah.
ANYWAY, very very cute.
oooh pretty!
Post a Comment