04 February 2008

Meme!

It's been a while since I've done one of these, and I was tagged two weeks ago, so I'm finally getting around to it.

7 Random Facts About Me.
  1. I love the flavor of mushrooms, but I can't stand the texture. Yuck. I imagine it's similar to chewing someone's tongue.
  2. The top cause of road rage in my car is turn signals, and people who don't use them.
  3. I am an extremely selfish knitter. I can whip out a pair of socks for myself in two weeks, but it takes me two months to finish a pair for someone else. Mostly I just like to knit for me.
  4. I am more enamored of my dog than is really reasonable. (He slept in the bend of my knees last night. LOVE.)
  5. I met my boyfriend in a Harry Potter class. (But I know more about Harry Potter than he does — books AND movies — as proven by my awesome victory in a game of Harry Potter Scene It.)
  6. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Pushing Daisies. It is the best show ever. A knitting detective and pie. Awesome.
  7. I love pie. Particularly cherry, but pumpkin, key lime and peach are all sort of tied for second place.
I don't really feel like tagging seven people (mostly because I don't feel like linking to seven blogs) so if you see this and feel up to it, consider yourself tagged.

I'm in California. I had a miserable flight from KC to Phoenix — I was seated in the window seat next to a three-year-old and her father, who refused to restrain her, even during takeoff and landing. So I was kicked through most of the flight. I was not a happy camper. The Phoenix airport was the weirdest airport experience I've ever had. The airport was FULL of people, but it was silent. Because everyone was watching the Super Bowl. Really. Then the pilot on my flight to San Jose felt the need to give us game updates every 15 minutes. I wanted to go up to the cockpit and give him a piece of my mind.

My mom's surgery went really well — she's up and about her hospital room, and wanted to come home because she's BORED. So she'll be discharged tomorrow and then it's watching movies with me and the dog for the rest of the week. Awesome.

I'm currently quite upset with the dog. He was upset with us for leaving him alone ALL DAY and so he attacked my knitting. The sleeve escaped unscathed, but the ball of yarn was not so lucky. It's tangled and in pieces. I spent a considerable amount of time untangling it this evening, and so accomplished zero knitting. But the dog is so darn cute, it's hard to stay mad at him for long. Also, he's on a diet so he's particularly pathetic at the moment. But he's lost five pounds! Which is like 10% of his body weight.

I'm knackered. And so to bed. Long day tomorrow too.

2 comments:

Christine said...

ha! Every time I see a mushroom I see Teri's look of disgust at our mushrooms=tongues analogy. I'm so glad I'm not the only one. I looooove the taste of the shrooms but can't handle the feel of them. Icky

Teresa said...

I am sooooo behind on my blog reading.
I am glad your mom came through surgery well.