What I should be knitting:
My Sleeping Dragon socks. All I have to do is sit down and crank out the leg, and they'll be done. I think they're a bit further along than they are in this picture; I haven't taken them out of the knitting bag to work on them in a couple of weeks. Really, I just need to finish them before
Summer of Socks starts. Mostly so I can have the needles free.

The Airy wrap cardi. It's still in more or less the same state that it was when this picture was taken. I think I picked up the stitches for the second wrap. So much for wearing this to the wedding reception on Friday...

Dad sock #2. The first one is finished.
Amber was kind enough to kitchener the toe closed for me, but she told me to weave in my own damn ends. I've been meaning to cast on for the second sock all weekend, but I got very distracted.
What I'm knitting instead:
Sizzle, by Wendy of
Knit and Tonic. I'm using four skeins of
South West Trading Co. Pure, in color Blue Depths, and a US 7 circ. This stuff has a fantastic hand, and it's so soft and drapey I just want to sit here and pet what I've already got knitted up. I started this Saturday and am already cruising past the armholes. (It's knit flat.) I have done little else this weekend, considering Saturday night was a bachelorette party (no good stories to share; I was DD) and I spent considerable stretches of time 1. napping and 2. shopping.
There's also this:

This has become my purse sock; it's another toe-up heel flap sock in ArtYarns Supermerino on US 2.5 DPNs. The gusset is a little floppy on these, but I've ripped the gusset and heel out four times, so I'm not knitting it again. If they bother me, I'll send them to my mama.
Lots of pictures today. I am really a fickle knitter.
2 comments:
Your ADD is even worse than mine!! I thought about doing this but I chickened out.
Okay, the heel gusset looks way better on the toe-up. You may have saved the sock. Except now I'm going to have to frog back to the heel and try to figure out how to reverse the heel and gusset from a top-down. Thank you, Jo. You may have just saved toe-up socks for me. I thought I was going to have to trash them from my repertoire.
Post a Comment