18 May 2008

Ass backwards.

Dudes, I just learned how to knit backwards, and it's the coolest thing EVER.

I used this video to learn:



It's a little slow-going at first, but I think I will eventually be able to do this faster than I purl. And it doesn't require turning the work, so it is actually faster, once you get the hang of it. I'm testing it out on the heel flap of a toe-up sock (because I have no concept of project monogamy) and I'm quite pleased. It doesn't even seem to be screwing up my gauge!

6 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

It's a fun technique once you get the hang of it. I used it to knit Lizard Ridge. With all of those short rows, it was nice not to be turning every few stitches.

Gwen said...

I learned when I made the Ruffles Scarf from Scarf style. I use it all the time nowdays. Turning sock heels is magic.

Gwen

CheekyKnits said...

Hmmm, looks interesting, perhaps I will give it a try.

Anonymous said...

that is just crazy!

pamM said...

Jo- Thanks so much for posting this. I watched it ... found needle and yarn and started doing it. Super easy - don't know why I never tried it before. I called my mom long distance to tell her about it b/c she was the only person I thought who would really appreciate it.

grasshopper said...

I love knitting backwards instead of purling. So. Much. Faster!