
DSC01915
Originally uploaded by knitjoknit
I'm wearing my new socks today and I *LOVE* them. They are soft and warm without being TOO warm (always a possibility in May) and they are not itchy and the toe-up heel flap fits perfectly.
(Apologies if the sock/carpet pattern combo gives you seizures.)
The socks are Artyarns Supermerino, color 157 (teal/turquoise/chocolate) on US 2.5 (3 mm) Brittany DPNs, 48 sts. I worked them from the toe up with a 3x1 rib, then worked a regular heel flap and gusset. (Because I was working from the toe, it looks backward. But trust me, it's not.) I had absolutely just enough yarn for my size 7.5 feet and a good-sized leg and cuff.
I like these socks so much , I bought more of the yarn in a different colorway (160) and have already cast on!
3 comments:
ooooh so pretty!
Love the socks...love the pose:)
Very nice. Love the heel!
Post a Comment