Why, after all this time that I've been 1. knitting socks, 2. knitting socks toe-up, 3. knitting socks toe-up with a short-row heel, WHY has no one mentioned...
The toe-up heel flap and gusset.
I finished the first sock, and people? It fits better than I could have dreamed.
Traitors.
(Kidding. You know I love you.)
It does still bother me that the gusset screws up the mojo the sock had going for it, but I suppose I can only use the toe-up heel flap on solid and semi-solid yarns. ::sigh:: It will be difficult, sacrificing such a perfectly fitting heel for the sake of the socks' aesthetic value, but compromises must be made. The second sock is pooling differently from the first. Sad they won't match, but entertaining nonetheless.
My faith in the US Post Office has again been bolstered by the quick turnaround in shipping from Kansas City to California. My mom's sweater went out at 11 a.m. CDT on Saturday, and she got it at 1 p.m. (approximately) PDT. Impressive? Yes. She reports that the sweater fits "perfectly" and that it is "so soft" and "a beautiful color." Pictures from the field to follow.
2 comments:
OH I bet your mom is gonna love that sweater! VERY good looking socks, woman!
And YES YES YES the heel flap rocks. It totally screws up patterning, but it feels so yummy. Welcome to the dark side.
Y'know... I might reconsider the whole top-down-only thing with a heel flap for toe-up. It's the biggest reason I do top down.
Hm.
Post a Comment