09 May 2008

Vegas hangover.

I am in a serious food coma. I think I ate for four days straight. I did have the best steak I think I've ever had in my life (I always say that — EVERY steak is the best steak I've ever had. Mmm steak) and more free hot dogs and Coke than a normal person should be able to inhale. Oh, also the free booze. And the produce. (I would rather eat a steak.)

I liked Vegas, but it was waaaay crowded. Crowded casinos (we stayed at Bally's), crowded buses, crowded convention centers, crowded food courts, CROWDS. I don't mind large groups of people, but when it's constant shoving, that's when it gets a little excessive.

I have been knitting. I took the socks for my dad on the plane (no trouble getting bamboo needles through security either in KC or in Las Vegas) and I am right now about to start the heel flap. GASP! Yes, I am knitting a top-down sock. I took US 1.5 needles with me, and while I got a nice fabric, I thought it was a little loose. So I knitted the leg, and I've switched to a US 1 for the heel flap, gusset and foot. I'm knitting the Gentleman's Fancy Sock (Ravelry link) from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. I'd take a picture, but I'm feeling super lazy. It's a grey ribbed sock. Use your imagination.

I'm using my comp day from my trip tomorrow, so I don't have to go to work. I do, however, take my poor ghetto car into the shop bright and early. The car place is pretty close to my house, so I hope to be able to run home after I drop it off. I have to start working out to get rid of my Vegas belly (who knew your pants could get smaller in only four days?) so keep your fingers crossed that it doesn't rain.

No comments: