21 May 2008

Big feet...


DSC01912
Originally uploaded by knitjoknit

... big socks.

My daddy has large feet, even by US men's standards (a US 12) so I am knitting and knitting (and knitting and knitting!) and not seeming to make any progress on these socks!

I am still enjoying the pattern. If you don't like ribbing, it's definitely not for you. It's a basic staggered 2x2 rib, and I really like the way it's turning out. It's VERY stretchy (which is why it fits both my leg and foot and the Other Jo's ski feet.) The fabric may be a bit firm on the foot (8 sts/inch in a heavy fingering weight) but I like it, and that means it will probably hold up well.

On the other hand, tighter gauge means more rows of knitting. What do you think? Should I knit a pair of socks that will hold up forever, or put myself through the misery of having to knit a SECOND PAIR of men's size 12 socks?

No comments: