Most of the ends are woven in, and overall, I'm quite pleased with it. However, when I picked up the stitches for the button band, I didn't pick up quite enough, and as you can see, the sweater pulls up at the bottom of the fronts. Is this noticeable to anyone but me? Should I just block it out? Is it going to matter when the sweater is on a squirming, adorable baby? Or should I rip out the button band and knit it again?
I also still need to choose a button and knit a bit of a loop. Or does it even need a button? Sigh. Decisions, decisions.
6 comments:
Hi, Jo,
The sweater is adorable as it stands! Let it be. That will be part of its character.
I would block it out, not frog it. Considering the short time a small one will wear the sweater before outgrowing it, no one but you will notice the problem. It wasn't glaring to me.
As you so aptly mentioned, folks will be more focused on the infant than the sweater.
I agree with Iris--I think it is just super cute as it stands and since the baby will only wear it for a short while, I don't think anyone (but you) will notice. so cute!
You may even just leave it alone. Once the three-dimensional baby has it on, no one will see any problem. The sweater is really sweet.
Baby sweater = washing machine, spit, vomit, other nasty things. And then they grow out of it. I would not worry about it one bit. It's cute as it is. I didn't even notice till you pointed it out, and really - who is that picky about baby clothes anyhow? A non-knitter will Never know.
I agree with the vomit/spit/washing machine comment! :) I'd not even worry about the blocking other than a little wetting, a tug, then dry and WRAP IT UP. It's fabulous.
PS, I'd totally put that sweater as is on a farm baby if I had one. WITHOUT the superblock. It rocks.
Post a Comment