07 June 2009

In which I actually finish something.

Look! It's a finished project!


I've been calling these my Daylight Savings Time socks, but the pattern is, of course, the inimitable Spring Forward. The yarn is Conjoined Creations Flat Feet, in a rather muted blue and green colorway, which came from AJ at Christmas.. It's hard to tell in the picture, and I'll take a better one after the socks have been washed, but it's fun to see how the color changes as you move from the toe to the cuff. Yes, I knitted these toe-up. I used Wendy Knits' Toe-up fingering weight slip-stitch heel. It was somewhat confusing to me at first (as heel so often are) but I followed the directions blindly and am very happy with the results. It probably won't be my go-to toe-up heel, but it's good to have a variety of techniques.

I am quite sure that my neighbors think I am perfectly insane for going out onto my balcony and photographing my yarn/feet.

2 comments:

Chery said...

Another CYG??

the Lady said...

Pretty pretty! That's funny about the neighbors, I've gotten some odd looks too. I just have to suck it up.