Remember when I said I wasn't going to start anything new? Yeah, I meant it, until my mother called me and asked me to knit a chemo cap for the niece of one of her friends. My mom's oh-so-logical conclusion that *I* should knit the cap is because her friend is too upset to knit it, and because no one else, apparently, can use the FREE PATTERN that I used to make my mom's cap.
Really. Because if someone else used that same pattern to make a hat, there is no way it would turn out as cute as the one I made. (I am skeptical, to say the least.)
The main reason I'm annoyed is because the only appropriate yarn I had on hand was originally slated to become a baby bear hat with little ears, for a baby who I'm already pretty fond of on account of the fact that I will be his auntie. Ah, well. I suppose I can always get more. Also, I have A DOZEN projects on the needles, and I need to cast on for my dad's Father's Day vest.
Yes, I'm aware Father's Day was today.
No comments:
Post a Comment