15 June 2009

Full disclosure.

In the interest of full disclosure, I have updated my Ravelry page with all my current works-in-progress in an effort to (1) keep myself honest and (2) shame myself into refraining from starting anything new. Hopefully I will find some time this week to get decent photos of everything. And start a baby pumpkin hat for my nephew, who is due to arrive right around Halloween. So now there are no fewer than 12 current projects, with the promise of more to come as soon as the baby books I've put on hold from the library arrive. This is going to be one well-dressed kid.

The first bit of knitting the darling child will receive is the Super-Natural Stripes sweater.

 
Obviously it's not done yet, because I have the attention span of a goldfish. If I would just sit down and knit it, the sleeves and the edging would take less than two hours, but lately I have been all "Ooh! Shiny!" and so the sweater will just have to wait. The green is a little more green, and the blue is not quite so dark. The yarn is Red Hart Eco-Cotton Blend, 75% recycled cotton and 25% acrylic. I'm making the 6-12 month size so he can wear it next summer. Many of you are probably horrified that I am making baby clothes out of Red Heart, but it is primarily cotton, and it's washable, and if I remember correctly, it was less expensive than the Lion Brand Cotton-Ease. It's been a bit harder on my hands than the Cotton-Ease was, I think because of the higher cotton content. All the ends from the color changes are going to be a pain in the ass to weave in.

2 comments:

Gale Bulkley said...

It's good to know I am not the only one that compulsively casts on. 19 projects on needles right now. Aiming for 15 by the end of the summer.

Maliase said...

You're making me want to fess up and finish my WIPs too. We could have a big finish-a-thon.