But the movie managed to be entertaining, and offered up some excellent eye candy, both in terms of the actors (I like Jasper best) and, surprisingly... the knitwear.
The mittens are also kind of an homage to the Yarn Harlot's page-a-day calendar for today: it was about mittens, and how you should knit them when it's warm out, because if you wait until it gets cold, you will have cold hands. As someone with chronically frozen fingers, I am getting a jump on my winter knitting.
Oh, and about that sock I linked to last night, that I knitted nearly three years ago (!): If you ever want to knit that Milanese Lace sock, go up many needle sizes or add stitches or something, because it was so snug, I could not pull it over my instep. (I would recommend using the Milanese lace pattern from More Sensational Knitted Socks, if you feel the urge to knit a pair for yourself.) So the sock was frogged ages ago and the yarn has been waiting patiently in the stash for the perfect pattern.
Don't forget to send your Father's Day cards, if you do that sort of thing!
4 comments:
Team Jacob! I did force myself to listen to the middle two books because I wanted to listen to the last one and know how it all ends :)
Also Team Jacob! And try arguing that when you are surrounded by Jr. High girls everyday. Now we have another series to have deep conversation about when you come to visit...when is that by the way?
Mmmm, Jacob...
I agree with you and the Harlot on the mitten knitting front. I need to start and finish mine! And a few sweaters too, while I'm at it.
I loved the mitten entry! Though the Terrible Knitters of Dent made me giggle all day. Dana
Post a Comment