27 October 2008

Visible progress.

Look at me, posting twice in two days! And not cop-out posts, either. There's actual knitting content in both!

I finally got un-lazy enough to put my Gleeful onto a second needle and try it on. The next time I get the bright idea to knit a sweater on a US 5, please attempt to talk me out of it.

 
I'm about 9 inches past the underarm, so only about 4 more inches before I can start the bottom ribbing. The pattern calls for k3, p1 ribbing at the bottom, but since when have I ever paid attention to a pattern? I think I'll do 1x1 rib, to match the collar and sleeves. I also joined in the round sooner than the pattern directed — I joined after 3 inches instead of 5 inches. I didn't want such a deep V-neck. I mean, obviously I'm going to be wearing something under it, but I didn't want a V-neck that went to my bellybutton. 

Also: my very sincere apologies to everyone I may have accused of borrowing my copy of Favorite Socks. Turns out I had not loaned it to anyone; I had merely tucked it away somewhere "safe." (I found it with the paperwork for my 2007 taxes. That means it's likely been "missing" since April.) I had, of course, bought a second copy before it made its reappearance, so that second copy has been gifted to Carmen, in the hopes that she had a very happy birthday.

It is going to be 25 degrees in the metro area tonight. ::sob::

3 comments:

Christine said...

95 degrees here, baby. With a slight breeze and low humidity. If this place had yarn shops, I wouldn't ever come back home. :)
OH yeah, kids. Job. Friends. Life. Well, enjoy the cold. I'll be freezing my butt off in a few days too. LOVING the glee. It'll look really good on you!

the Lady said...

Ooh, knitting content!
Yeah, I frequently accuse Sean of taking my knitting books, tape measure, etc, only to find I put them where they're supposed to be, or that they are somewhere "safe."

I like that sweater.

aj said...

I will trade you our 90 degree weather. I am so damn sick and tired of it being hot and sunny all the time. No lie.