Our first stop was Textiles a Mano in St. Joseph. We had a really early morning, but it was fun to see Laura's shop! I scored some excellent yarn from the half-price basket — some blue wool/silk and a nice camel-color wool/silk/cashmere. I also got a skein of Alpaca With a Twist Big Baby, bulky baby alpaca in a delicious red. Then it was on to Florilegium in Parkville. What a beautiful store. I didn't get anything there because I couldn't make up my mind. When the yarn is displayed like candy, it makes it nearly impossible to choose. We stopped at Urban Arts and Crafts before lunch. I didn't get any yarn there, either. (Maybe I'm turning into a responsible adult?)
(I think I've been abusing my camera to the point where it doesn't want to focus much.)
We had a fantastic lunch at a restaurant at Briarcliff called The Cafe. (Real original.) The food was SO. GOOD. I actually ate both halves of a giant sandwich. Then it was off to Stitch Knitch, where I got a skein of the Harry Potter-inspired sock yarn from Opal. I got the Ron colorway. (Love you, Ron! Wish you weren't a fictional character!)
The last stop Kinsey made was at MisKnits (of course.) We had a long day and no one wanted to get back in the car after spending some time at MisKnits. Amber has rearranged the shop, so it's super cozy now, and she had cookies for us. I got a darling set of DPN protectors there, made by PlazaJen. (All her stuff is available at MisKnits.) My point protectors are pirate ducks. They're pretty awesome.
I did actually do some knitting yesterday and today.
I had two skeins of pink Sandnes Garn Lanett and wanted to make socks out of it. So I'm using the Fred & George pattern, but I'm calling them Padma & Parvati, after the very girly twins in Harry Potter.
Hopefully this week I will be a better blogger and post again before next Sunday night.


5 comments:
What a cute name for your socks!! I like them.
Oh, and I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who buys nothing if she gets overwhelmed. Such a funny problem...
I think it's kickass that you are naming your socks Padma and Parvati. :)
PERFECT name. I love them. I'm all getting in the HP mood again. Ready for the movie, sure wish it was going to be in November like it was supposed to be. Better get going on my scarf!
I am a total goob! I had a blast, thanks for driving!
Post a Comment