It has occurred to me that I never shared all of my lovely birthday yarn.
I love it all, but I love the wonderful knitters who gave it to me even more. The Butter Peeps Smooshy, which is on the top left, I have loved passionately since the day it arrived at MisKnits, is now mine by the extreme generosity of the lovely Amber, proprietress of everyone's favorite LYS. We're still talking, Peeps and I, and trying to agree on a suitable pattern for the buttery peepiness. The Schaefer Anne (top right) was a total surprise when it came in the mail — my AJ had ordered it, sight unseen and sent it my way! The color is Billie Holiday, and I hope beyond hope that I can find a pattern to do this yarn justice.
The Cascade Heritage Handpaints came from The Other Jo when she got back from her vacay. It is light blue and dark blue and medium blue with just a bit of puple tossed in for good measure. The Fleece Artist Nova Socks in the lower right corner are a present from ::coughmyselfcough:: to myself, because you're allowed to get yourself one thing for your birthday. And it's special because it came all the way from Berkeley. (Hi, L!) The color is pixie, and I could just die from the cuteness that implies, but these, folks, these must be beautiful socks. Perhaps Rivendells. Yes. That is what the Nova Socks must be.
Those of you who got me gift cards will have to wait for a sunny day to have a photo shoot — hopefully tomorrow.

1 comment:
Ooh, Rivendells. Perfect. Isn't it great how some yarns and patterns and people just belong to each other?
Post a Comment