29 June 2008

Plans for summer.

Summer of socks has kicked off, and on the Ravelry boards people are finishing a sock a day! Now, no mere mortal knitter with a job and a boy and a social life could do such a thing. (Note to self: Find yourself a Sugardaddy.)

But there is knitting.

I am halfway through the second of this sock. Super basic, Judy's Magic Toe cast on with 12 sts on US 2 Hiyas, because they are the greatest DPNs this world had ever seen. Then Wendy's Generic toe-up heel gusset and flap. Wendy is truly clever, I must say, because I've always hated heel flaps and gussets, but here we have a sane meeting of the minds. This sock will be my go-to sock when I'm in need of a bit of a kick in the pants.

In other news, I'm going to California on Friday to see THE DOG THE DOG THE DOG and my parents. What knitting do I take if I'm only going to be there 36 hours? Socks, of course, I could finish a sportweight sock on the plane and then have nothing to do. A top? I have swatched for Sahara and that could be my airplane flying. Any other suggestions?

3 comments:

littledevilworks said...

More than one pair of socks. ;) What's the yarn on this one?

Anonymous said...

I love the colors and style of that sock. They look great!

Anonymous said...

a sock a day? that is just crazy!