11 June 2008

Black hole.

There is a rip in the space/time continuum somewhere in the vicinity of my apartment, and — wait for it — the Black hole eats circular knitting needles.

There is absolutely no other explanation for it. I have checked bags, I have checked drawers, I have checked cases, I have checked knitting baskets, all to no avail. I know I had these needles at some point in my life. Recently, even, as I knitted my mum's sweater with no needle emergencies.

NICKLE-PLATED, STAINLESS STEEL KNITTING NEEDLES DO NOT JUST GET UP AND WALK OFF.

OK. I am done now with my rant. But I am still a bit twitchy. I'll get some booze (pink champagne! Yayy!) before my arrival at said baby shower. Maybe then, missing needles will seem not so serious. There is also maybe the possibility of bumming cigarettes from unsuspecting coworkers. The last two weeks have made me crave a cigarette like it's the last thing on earth. No smoking near the new mommy, of course. /end twitch

1 comment:

Jo said...

Smoking???

Jo. Seriously.

Go eat a salmonella tomato instead.