19 June 2008

Finishing fool.

I was going to have a picture of my completed Sizzle for you, but the pictures did not turn out exactly as I'd hoped. 1. I need to wear a tank underneath it that is Not White, and 2. Indoor flash is not always flattering. I figure I may as well get a good action shot of it while I'm yarn crawling on Saturday.

In the meantime, more socks.

Sockies, 2 skeins Artyarns Supermerino color 160, purchased at MisKnits (everyone's favorite LYS.) I used US 2.5 (3 mm) Brittany DPNs over 48 sts. I did a toe-up heel flap and gusset again, because I loved it so much the first time. I'm not quite as pleased with these as I was with the first pair. They're a bit saggy in the gusset area, I think because I didn't do ribbing on the instep. But I am wearing them right now and my feet are toasty warm.

Saturday is the KC knitting guild yarn crawl! We'll be touring the Kansas side, as we do every spring. Get ready for new stash!

1 comment:

the Lady said...

Nice socks! I'm really anxious to try the Artyarns for my next pair of socks. So many yarns, so little time...