15 June 2008

Waited too long.

This post may become nonsensical by the end, because I was going to post right after I took my Ambien, but then I got distracted (surprise) and now I'm starting to feel it. So, my apologies for any off-topic tangents that arise. I'll try to keep them to a minimum.

Finished objects all over.

My Spring Fling socks, which I love love love. I did not love them while I was knitting the ribbing, which explains why it is so flimsy and so short. I just wanted the socks to be done so I could wear them. Is that so wrong? They fit beautifully and are currently drying over the towel rack. US 1 Hiya DPNs, 64 sts (although at one point on the second sock, I somehow ended up with 68 sts.) Magic toe, short row heel, too little 3x1 ribbing at the top of the sock. I should have done 10 more rows to balance out the 10 I did. The yarn is Sleeping Dragon Fingering weight merino (Simply Socks is the only place I know of to get it; Allison has great selection, prices, and WONDERFUL service. I do not get a cut of anything for saying that, it is my honest personal opinion.) The color I used was Spring Fling. And I love the socks. So soft and stripey.

Daddy's Father's Day socks, dried and ready to be shipped to California, as soon as I stop at Jack Stack and get some meat rub and barbecue sauce. And maybe a pack of chew toys for the pup. I used about 3 skeins of Shelridge Farms Soft Touch Ultra in charcoal heather and I was quite pleased with the yarn. I have an extra skein and a bit and I'm not sure what I'll use it for, but I'm sure I'll come up with something. The pattern was from Knitting Vintage Socks by Nancy Bush. A great book. The patterns I've made have all been really fun. I look forward to making more. Except I suck at Kitchener stitch. Amber did the first toe, I did the second. I will always be able to tell them apart, because mine looks nothing like kitchener.

I finished my Sizzle; it's drying in the bathroom as we speak. I'm torn about the armhole treatment — do I knit the seed-stitch sleeve edgings, or just single crochet around the armholes to give it a bit more finished look? I worry that half an inch of seed stitch will cramp the already snug armholes. Although it did appear to grow sizeably when I blocked it, so snug may be a moot point. We'll let it dry and remeasure and then make decisions.

1 comment:

CheekyKnits said...

Love the Spring fling socks! And I'm sure I'd love the father's day socks too, if I could make them out on my crappy monitor:)