25 June 2008

Summer when it sizzles.

Here it is, the event you've all been waiting for with bated breath: THE SIZZLE!!


Photos taken by the lovely Ana in the charming alley beside the yarn shop. I should get her to do all my photo shoots. Excuse the rumpled appearance of my sizzle top — it's been mushed in my knitting bag, waiting for its photo op. I'll have to steam out the wrinkles before I wear it.

You probably want the pattern specs.

Sizzle, by Wendy Bernard of Knit and Tonic. I used three skeins of South West Trading Company Pure Soy in the color "blue depths." US 7 circ, knitted flat and seamed. (I hate seaming.) The dart bust shaping is easy peasy and makes it more than a summer tank. It makes it a little sexy. I kind of want to knit another one, in red perhaps, so I could put a sexy lacy tank under it and make it really pop.

I will note that I made up a size between the XS and the S size. I just added some stitches so it would fit my body better, and knit on. All I did was change the numbers to match the gauge and the size I wanted. If anyone is interested in those mods, let me know.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It looks great on you! Well done!

aj said...

That looks fantastic!!! Way to go, hawtness!