24 June 2008

And they're off...

Summer of Socks '08 has started with a bang. It's all the buzz on the Ravelry boards — who's knitting which pattern, what yarn, what size neeedles, all with the ultimate goal of being TOP SUMMER SOCK KNITTER — IN THE WORLD!

I have no such aspirations, I promise you. I hope to take a couple mundane family vacations, perhaps even a business trip, that could provide me with photo fodder for the "Best Sock Vacation Picture," for which I did put my name down.

Allow me to introduce my competitors.

First up, Pretty Pretty Princess sock, or as I affectionately call her, P3.

She's a mindless creature, nothing but stockinette from the top down, but that gathered ruffle does give her a bit of intrigue. Koigu, of course, PPPM, color P806, from Gwenie-Gwen for last Christmas. I love the pinks and purples. These are definitely the brightest socks I have ever knitted. Thanks Gwen!

Contestant #2, I quite like. I like the yarn, I like the pattern, but I'm just not sure how it's working out together. It's much easier to see in daylight because right now it looks like a swirly mess, doesn't it. I'll bring it to MisKnits for UFO Wednesday and see if it can't be salvaged.

Oh, Claudia handpainted fingering merino, color pink dot. Hiya Hiya Bamboo US1 6" ETA: The pattern is Spring Forward from the new Knitty.

3 comments:

littledevilworks said...

Since when do you do top down? Eeek!

CheekyKnits said...

Lookin' good! I enjoy bright colors, and pinks are always nice.

Jennittah said...

see, that Claudia would make some awesome los monos locos!