02 June 2008

Pith.

I like to think of myself as an intelligent person. (Shut it, Jo.) I'm a quick learner, I follow directions reasonably well and I'm pretty good at filling in the blanks.

Then WHY can I not figure out any of Elizabeth Zimmermann's pithy directions? I swear, the woman was a knitting genius far beyond the talents of mere mortal knitters.

I am working on a February Baby sweater in Dream in Color Classy, color happy forest. It's for a baby whose shower is next Wednesday, so I'm sort of on a deadline.

Currently, it doesn't look like much, so I'm not going to bother taking a picture. I do, however, suspect that I am totally bastardizing EZ's timeless instructions.

2 comments:

Jo said...

I didn't say ANYTHING.

I've never knit the sweater, but maybe an extra brain will help?

the Lady said...

I'm smart too, but sometimes written instructions just don't make sense to me. Like, I totally want to make a seamless hybrid or a saddle-shoulder sweater, but just reading the (EZ)directions, I sure as heck cannot figure it out. Just like turning a heel, it's easy once someone showed me how to do it, but I needed that visual. I agree with the other Jo - another brain perhaps?