08 June 2008

Oh the cuteness.



Elizabeth Zimmermann's Baby Sweater on Two needles from Knitter's Almanac (the best $8 knitting book in existence.) I used one skein of Dream in Color Classy, color happy forest, and US 8 needles. I found the buttons at a Hancock Fabric here in town. Made for a co-worker's baby, due in September, but the baby shower is Wednesday. The sweater has been washed and dried (in the dryer!) and is ready to go as soon as I weave in the ends on the buttons. Whew. I have little to no experience with babies, so I have no idea what size it is. It measures about 12 inches across the body, whatever that's worth. If I were to knit this again with this yarn, I'd probably use a US 7 needle instead.

This was a one-week knit. Easy peasy. And the pattern is very intuitive. I think this might actually be my first EZ pattern, because I'm not smart enough to knit a Baby Surprise Jacket. Although I found these notes through Ravelry and may attempt it for the next baby that crosses my path.

I am still slogging along on the Father's Day socks.

I finished the gusset of the second sock tonight and now just have to cruise through 7 more pattern repeats on the foot, knit the toe, kitchener it together and get it in the mail by the end of the week. I think I'll make it.

7 comments:

CheekyKnits said...

Oh it is so cute! I wanna make one. My friend is due in December...you think I can make a proper baby sweater by then:)

the Lady said...

Hooray for washable baby knits!

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad the sweater turned out well. It's cute.

Jolene said...

Love the baby sweater. Yes, you should try the baby surprise sweater, it is easier with some cheater notes otherwise I could not have done it either.

Stefanie said...

Gorgeous! I really like that color, too!

ChelleC said...

That baby sweater is adorable! And I have heard that Knitter's Almanac is one of her best. I think I have it somewhere is my basement pile of books and will have to go check it out again.

Great seeing you at Amber's store today. You're always so sweet.

Christine said...

OH that turned out fabulous. I screw up EZ patterns all the time, then the 2nd time around usually go OH that's what she meant. That will be one well-dressed baby!