03 July 2008

To clarify.

Let me make it clear that I have NOT been knitting a sock a day. Shit. If I could knit a sock a day, I'd be through my sock stash in.... well. About a year. But I have too much to do to knit a sock a day, so instead we have a pair a week.

This week's pair kind of is appropriate because they sort of remind me of fireworks — the smoky charcoal, the white smoke and then THE COLOR. Every color you can imagine is in these socks. I know it doesn't seem like it, but it is. Everywhere. Beautiful.

Specs: 2 skeins Colinette Cadenza, purchased at Twist Yarn Shop in lovely Wichita, Kan. If you're in the area, go visit Shelly, because she has a great shop with great yarns in stock, and COUCHES! If you're going to have a yarn shop where people want to sit and hang out and knit, you've got to have couches, and Shelly's got couches. Really. Go see her. The shop is that much fun. Promise.

Rest of the specs: US 2 Hiya DPNs (steel), magic toe, 56 sts around, wendyknits.net heel flap with gusset from the toe-up. I like this method. It seems less fiddly to me than knitting a heel flap, etc. 3x1 rib on instep and leg, 1x1 rib for 10 rows at the cuff.

First Summer of Socks '08 entry: COMPLETE!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the yarn. They look like they fit wonderfully.

CheekyKnits said...

Yay for lovely summer socks! ...Glad you survived Starbucks:)

Anonymous said...

Oh, very pretty! And I see what you mean about fireworks!

A pair of socks a week is impressive -- far better than I've been doing!

the Lady said...

Pair a week is pretty frickin good.