The other trouble with only north-facing windows is that we get no heat from the sun. Nice in the summer, not so nice in the winter. Our electric bill was out of sight last month, so we've knocked down the heat to a chilly 65 degrees during the day when no one is home. Except right now, I'm home, and I'm freezing my tuchus off. We had a tease this weekend (62 degrees outside! In January!) and then we had a whole bunch of snow dumped on us again yesterday. Right after I washed my car on Sunday. Totally figures. I am so sick of winter, I cannot even find the words to tell you about it.
At least I have a whack of clean socks. I went to get dressed yesterday and GASP! no socks in the drawer. No handknitted ones, anyway. So I went through the hamper and made a pile.
Then I washed them in my usual manner — Woolite, a little fabric softener and a cycle with the washer lid left open so it wouldn't agitate. Then a spin to get the excess water out and lay flat to dry.
It is taking all my willpower not to cast on for knee socks with my Noro Kureyon Sock.
5 comments:
that IS a lot of socks! LOL
I have a pile of socks that need washing if you're on a roll too. :-)
Love the pullover. That looks awesome. I'm making Eunny's Tangled Yoke Cardigan in the same color.
Nice sweater progress. I envy you your hand knit socks!
I love your pile of socks. I've got a bed full of them drying on a towel right now, too. :)
Mmm... Noro knee socks.
You know you want some.
nice sock stash! i really only have one decent pair of handknit socks left. pair number one met an awful mothy fate (i still stomp around the house in them), and pair two (the hand dyed kool-aid socks) met a fate worse than death -- a man with a dryer. must finish knitting socks so i can knit MORE SOCKS!
mmmm, knee socks are good.
Post a Comment