It's been two years (and 1 day), 351 posts, 305 photos, 15 pictures of my dog, many pairs of socks and God only knows how many skeins of sock yarn since I started this blog! (OK, I was going to blog last night, on my actual blog anniversary, but the promise of a warm bed and a soft pillow totally won out.)
I've come a long way! I have socks and I have a sweater and hats and handwarmers and scarves and I have READERS! Readers like YOU! (Who like to leave comments. And not lurk. LEAVE COMMENTS!)
So to thank you, my readers, without whom this blog would not be nearly so much fun to write, I'm going to have a little contest. The winner will receive a copy of the winter 2007/2008 KnitScene and a skein of (what else?) sock yarn! Probably TOFUtsies. (I have to go stash diving to see what I'm willing to part with. But don't worry, I won't give you crap yarn or anything.)
And if I have any non-knitting readers, answer my question anyway and if you win, I'll get you a non-knitting-related prize.
So. The Question:
What is the MOST MEMORABLE birthday present you've ever received? You can tell me the worst present, you can tell me the best present, whatever. As long as it's memorable. (And if it's a really awful present, you may win by default.)
Leave me your comment by midnight on Sunday, Jan. 13!
14 comments:
Is is sad that my most memorable birthday preset was a bottle of glue when I was probably 6. I don't know why, but for some reason my very own bottle of elmers glue was just so wonderful. I probably thought it was going to be so much fun to make things with it and wouldn't have to share with my older brother. Happy Blogiversary!
I had this boyfriend once that made me this shadow box with a scrabble board in it. All the little words spelled out something sweet like I love you and our pet names. I actually cried (only time I ever did that over a present and really meant it) and I still have it in my mom's garage. The relationship went down in flames after 2.5 years but I still feel attached to it. It was the nicest thing anyone had ever given me.
Happy blogiversary! I may not be a long-time reader (the past month? maybe two?), but I've been enjoying reading your blog so far.
I don't know about my most memorable birthday present, but possibly the coolest one I've gotten is a GIANT rubber duck. GIANT. He watches over my bathroom from the windowsill.
My first dog, when I was four or five. His name was Sam and we were inseparable for many years.
Sorry...couldn't spell the first time! LOL
Most memorable birthday present huh? Try turning 30 and receiving divorce papers! The "milestone 30" was bad enough!
Happy Blogiversary! My best birthday present was my house. My DH and I bought our first house right before both of our birthdays so it was our "gift" to each other.
dang! My xmas present rocked it this year, I was all set to win. Birthday, hmmm, honestly can't think of one. My best birthday was my 26th. It was a whole weekend involving drinking champagne while overlooking the city, tiramisu, male strippers, time at several great bars and clubs and a bar fight and a steamy kiss!
Happy blogiversary!
It is a toss up. Diamond stud earring on my 40th or the year a male friend made dinner for me. The dinner was very nice but the real gift was the fact he had planned ahead, bought Valentine M&M's and then picked out all the red ones just for me. It was amazing.
Happy blogiversary! I'd have to say that my most memorable birthday was my 16th birthday. My grandfather died a few days before my birthday and my mom spent the days leading up to my birthday planning to fly to the funeral while we stayed behind. So, my birthday came and went in almost "16 candles"-like fashion wit no one in my family remembering my birthday.
When my mom got back from the funeral, they had a belated "party" for me which included getting, not a car but driving lessons from a lunatic who yelled and screamed at me from the passenger seat of a Ford Fiesta.
Yeh, memorable.
Mine is probably my first bike, which I got when I turned five. It was red, with streamers on the handlebars, and I spent a lot of time riding it until I outgrew it.
Happy Blogiversary! Your blog makes me miss you less since we are so far apart :)
My most memorable present was my baby sister Christina. She was born 3 days before my 3rd birthday, and my parents were so engrossed in the new baby I was convinced it was my birthday present. I mean, up until then I was the only thing they got that excited about. :) She came home the day before my birthday, and while I've wanted to exchange her several times, she is most definately the best gift ever!
On my 30th birthday, my sister drove all the way from Chicago to St. Louis to surprise me at work and stayed for a weekend. It was a lovely surprise and meant a great deal to me. It was only a couple of years after our brother had died and the three of us were pretty close. It was so nice to have family with me on my birthday.
Most memorable birthday present - the first birthday present my one true love gave me. It was a black pearl that he had set as a pendant. I was so enthralled with it, as it was so pretty, and so very unexpected. (We had only been dating 3 months!) It really outshone everything else, and I still love wearing it.
Happy blogiversary!!
Most memorable birthday present was one I gave to myself...a trip to Puerto Vallarta for my 30th birthday. I picked up a hunky guy and had sex on the beach while watching shooting stars overhead. Very fun and highly memorable!!!
Post a Comment