27 January 2008

Fiber therapy.

I had quite a morning: I went to the salon, then to the auto repair place. (I'd rather not talk about it, if that's all right with you; suffice to say, I ended up in tears at the Other Jo's while she made me a cup of tea.)

Of course, one thing led to another and after lunch, we ended up at the Dollar More Store (store not linked to protect the innocent — namely the Jos) and I was feeling so hysterical and hormonal that I bought a skein of this:

Noro sock! It's even prettier in person. The inside of the skein looks like this (it's a bit blurry, but you get the idea):

Funny, how yarn can make you feel better. And then also some skeins of this:

To make this:

I have always, always loved Mr. Tumnus, and his scarf in The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe is perfection. I want to have it done in time to wear to Prince Caspian, even though 1. Mr. Tumnus is not in Prince Caspian and 2. I will be wearing an alpaca scarf in May (but it can't be any weirder than me wearing a wool scarf in July for the Harry Potter book release.)

I've been doing some other stuff, but I'll save that for later when I can't sleep, because apparently I have insomnia.

5 comments:

Amanda said...

The Noro is very pretty! OMG...I just watching the Chronicals this weekend! Now i'm going to keep thinking about his scarf!

Anonymous said...

Yarn therapy is always a good thing! :)

Gwen said...

Hurrah! It works for us all. It pulled me back from the brink on Friday.

Thank you for my gift card. I've been trying to decide what I'm going to buy....hmmmm...

I'm definitely planning to come in April. I just need to decide how many days I'm going to stay, so feel free to weigh in.

Gwen

chitknit said...

I love that Noro - I was just lusting after it last week at the store.

Jill

Jo said...

I disagree that the Tumnus scarf is no weirder than the Harry Potter scarf. In terms of obscurity, that is.

Everybody got it about why you had a Gryffindor scarf on at the HP premiere.

Nobody is going to get the Tumnus-scarf-in-May thing.

Except me, of course, and I appreciate your devotion. I'm just saying: you're still weird.

xoxo,

Your partner in Noro Lurv