Needless to say, there will only be one picture tonight, because my old Sony camera is slower than turtles when it comes to uploading photos (maybe if I took the pictures from spring break 2006 off the card, it would go a bit faster) so this is the only picture you get:
I am smitten with mittens. These are from The Knitter's Handy Book of Patterns by Ann Budd, which gives basic "recipes" for mittens, sweaters, hats, gloves, socks, you name it. The yarn is Berroco Jasper in rojo coralita, purchased at Twist when we went to Wichita to see the Yarn Harlot. It's funny — the mittens came from two skeins with the same dyelot (3831-777) but they look completely different. I have a third skein that I'll use to make a hat here soon, and I will wear them with my navy blue peacoat and I will just be too cute for words. (This works in my head; whether it works in real life remains to be seen.)
I have other mittens cast on, and a SWEATER! But that will have to wait until I can upload pictures quickly and efficiently. Because my Mavica is a dinosaur. A four-year-old dinosaur. (It came to live with me the same Christmas as this did.)
2 comments:
oooh! I really like them! yeah! mittens!
Cuter than life? absolutely. LOVING them
Post a Comment