
DSC01673
Originally uploaded by knitjoknit
Blogging from work again, as you can see. It's a completely dead Friday, so I'm knitting at my desk and trying to figure out a workaround to problems with the KC knitting guild Web site.
Fun times.
So let's look at this hat, which is the color of summer sky, and nothing at all the like sky outside, which is currently dumping snow on my car. At least it's warmer today. Yesterday when I got to work it was two degrees. TWO. DEGREES.
The hat is for my mom, and I'm using Rowan Calmer in color "refresh." (I love how they name their yarns.) The pattern is Odessa, and I'm hoping it will be big enough. It just looks really small, but it could be that I just haven't knit far enough.
I get to deliver it in person on Feb. 3. My mama is having her surgery on the morning of Feb. 4, so I am flying out to be with them and do things like cook. And knit, of course. It will be good for me to indulge my domestic side, however briefly.
I started an instant-gratification project -- sportweight socks on US 2 DPNs. I luuurve them. And they're flying along. (Love knitting socks on huge needles!)
1 comment:
anything I can help you figure out?
Post a Comment