My Bellatrix socks are complete. Yay! Just in time for the last day of Summer of Socks.
I used one skein (way less than one skein, really — I probably have enough left over to knit a third socks) of Wollmeise sockenwolle in color Poison No. 5. US 1 Hiya DPNs. Magic toe cast on, 64 sts, Wendy's heel, 1x1 twisted rib cuff, EZ sewn bind off. I modified the pattern to only use the drop stitch when I hit long chunks of color. This way they seem way more pink.
Anyway, I love them. And I've already cast on for my next pair:
Embossed Stitch socks from More Sensational Knitted Socks. The yarn is Needful Yarns Australian Merino, and I'm super sad because the U.S. distributor isn't going to get this anymore. I'm using US 2 Brittany DPNs and 56 sts. The yarn is super squooshy and soft. I think I will be happy to wear them this winter, especially if the Farmer's Almanac is telling the truth.
I only have to knit the sleeves of my Weasley sweater and it will be done! The charming and very helpful Selkie had a skein of Harrisville Flax and Wool in my color and dyelot, and she was kind enough to send it my way. So I will have full-length sleeves on this sweater! I was kind of worried that I'd only get 3/4 sleeves with the yarn I had. But no worries, I have been rescued by Ravelry yet again!
6 comments:
I'm totally in lust with your evil socks...better hide them next time I visit:)
I like your socks! Both pairs!
Love, love, love the Bellatrix socks. Totally awesome!
The Belatrix socks are gorgeous. Add that to the color of Wollemeise I need to covet. :)
Love the evil socks!
Gorgeousity.
Post a Comment