I can't stop knitting this sweater. (Ignore the waste yarn at the neck. And all the loose ends.)
It fits! The color here is fairly accurate, considering the picture was taken in the dark with a flash on Christine's back porch. The body is a little tight up to where I split for the arms, but my stitch gauge should even out when I block the sweater. So it should be longer and a bit wider.
I did alter the pattern to be knit in the round — why seam if you don't have to? And instead of binding off the shoulders separately and sewing them together, I just did a three-needle bind off. Super-easy, and the shoulder seams look great. Now I'm picking up the stitches and knitting the neckline before I knit the sleeves.
I think I might try to get my hands on a paper copy of Twilight and read that, just to see if the reader is the problem. I think I've been spoiled by some of the better readers: Stephen Fry, Jim Dale, Alan Rickman, Stephen Fry, anyone who read the Chronicles of Narnia (including Kenneth Branagh, Lynn Redgrave, Patrick Stewart and Derek Jacobi), and Stephen Fry. You get the idea. Also, the woman who reads The Sweet Potato Queens books. Hilarious.
2 comments:
very cute.
I'm sorry to say that you probably just won't like Twilight. I'll admit to only reading a few excerpts and a blog review, but I'm completely turned off by it.
Post a Comment