13 August 2008

Birthday plans.

It is official: I will be in CHICAGO for my twenty-fifth birthday! My brother and his wife live in Portage Park, in a little red house that looks like a barn. Really, I think they're taking this "Barnes in a barn" thing a *bit* too far, but at least I have not bore witness to hayrack rides or an impromptu hoedown. They're more beer and baseball sort of people anyway.


My birthday (25!) also falls smack dab in the middle of GermanFest, which is a holiday with lots of beer and closing down the streets. There will be beer. There will be men. There will be ladies. A good time will be had by all.

I am sad that I will miss Stitch 'n' Pitch on Sept. 7 at Kauffman Stadium. I don't actually cheer for any team over any other. But if the hangover I had last time is any indication of the hangover I will have this time, y'all should be glad that I am not going to make it to the game that day. Usually I do nothing but moan about what an idiot I am, and is it too soon to take some more aspirin? In between vomiting spectacularly and asking for a glass of water, when really a gallon jug may be more appropriate.

2 comments:

the Lady said...

How very exciting! I hope to miss my own Stitch in Pitch on my birthday weekend in favor of a wool festival/fair weekend! Have fun! When is the big day?

Christine said...

Green Tea the morning after. And take 2 extra strength tylenol before you go to bed with a big glass of water.

YEARS of training baby. YEARS and YEARS of training.