(color not remotely accurate)
Yes, I knitted most of a Weasley sweater this weekend. I haven't blogged about it because it's fairly uninteresting. Step one: knit a rectangle. Step two: knit another rectangle, just like the first. Step three: knit some sleeves and sew the whole mess together. Ta-da!
I'm using Harrisville Designs Flax & Wool blend, color cranberry, and a US 8 Addi circ. I bought this yarn ages ago to make an Hourglass pullover from Last-Minute Knitted Gifts, but only got a few inches past the turned hem before I threw my needles down in disgust. I feel that I'm in a much better place now, spiritually, to knit miles of stockinette. (I'm totally kidding. St st is my fave.) I've adapted the pattern to be knit mostly in the round, and as you can see, I've split for the armholes, completed the back and am cruising up the front. Yay! At this rate, I will have a sweater by the end of the week.
The more rabid HP fans among you will notice that my sweater is plain. As much as I would love to run round with a giant H or R on my chest, I think I'll get more wear out of this sweater if I make it plain.
My entertainment while knitting this sweater has been Twilight on CD (courtesy Johnson County Public Library) and I have to say, I'm not impressed. Amazon calls it a "saga," and that's exactly what it is: melodramatic fluff. When I think saga, I think... Lifetime miniseries. Cheesy romance novels. My history with a particular ex... but that's neither here nor there. I think a large part of my dislike is for the reader. Also? No high schooler talks like that.
Tonight I made a pie. It is tasty. Missouri peaches are in season — get them while you can.
4 comments:
Well, if you're really being canon, only Fred and George have letters on their sweaters -- everyone else's is just plain, at least in the first book. :)
The Twilight books have their ups and downs. Ultimately, I enjoyed them (mostly), but if I start to think about them critically, I just rip them apart. The key is just reading at face value.
Try the Temeraire series by Naomi Novik. I love the reader. Or the Amelia Peabody series by Elizabeth Peters, but Make Sure it's narrated by Barbara Rosenblat.
Nice sweater. Hey, do you wear all your sweaters? I'm almost done with mine, and realizing that if I knit up all my sweater yarn, I'm not sure I'd wear them all.
Beautiful. Looks amazing!
I will someday knit myself a sweater! I enjoy seeing all of your knitted tops. Perhaps by next winter (not the upcomming one) I will have lost enough weight that it will not cost the sum equal to that of a small country to knit myself one...or take a decade to complete:)
Post a Comment