22 August 2008

I hate bobbles.

But this still would have been a really sweet hat to wear to the release of Harry Potter.

Pattern specs: Hermione's cable and bobble hat, from Charmed Knits.  I used less than one skein of Lamb's Pride superwash worsted wool, color Shane's Red and US 7 circs. I really like this red — it's kind of heathered. The yarn is soft and shows cables really well.

I still hate knitting bobbles. But I like the hat.

Today was my lone day of unemployment — I slept in, got up and went to Barnes and Noble to get Wendy Bernard's book, Custom Knits. There are a ton of patterns in this book that I would knit, and I am super excited. There's a mix of pattern construction, but most (if not all) of the sweaters are top-down (my favorite, so you can try on as you go) with a variety of raglan and circular yoke shaping, and lots of patterns with set-in sleeves. (That's right, folks — top-down, set-in sleeves. Heaven!)

I also did this.

 
I know, I look thrilled to be there. Really, I'm SO GLAD that I finally finished the wraps on this sweater. Now all I have left is the sleeves, which shouldn't take long at all.
Except I maybe started another sweater.  

4 comments:

Jo said...

YOU FINISHED! Look at you go. That sweater is going to be super cute on you and the sleeves will be done in about 30 seconds.

LizzieK8 said...

It still is a great hat to wear to the opening of HP & HBP!

Gwen said...

That looks super cute!!!

Gwen

Alyssa said...

OOO I love the wrap!