02 August 2008

August resolutions.

OK, I've been kind of scattered lately (damn you, Calorimetry, for being so fun to knit!) but I have a renewed sense of purpose. Thus, my August resolutions.
  1. Finish Airy wrap-around cardi. This had been languishing in the knitting basket for far too long. Especially when all I've got left is the sleeves.
  2. Finish (well, start, really) the Sahara top. I started this waaaay back in early July (it was supposed to be my July 4 airplane knitting before I got distracted by those damn Calorimetries) and it's been living in my knitting bag ever since. It was supposed to be a knitalong with Sarah, but obviously that didn't happen. (Sorry, Sarah!)
  3. Work through second-sock syndrome for not one, but TWO pairs for Summer of Socks. I have the second Mockery sock started and the second Bellatrix is waiting to be cast on. 
  4. Then knit my mom a new pair of socks. I got some of the new Lion Brand Sock-Ease ($9.99/ball at Hobby Lobby here in KC) in the cotton candy colorway, because apparently my mother is not to be trusted with 100% wool socks. The Sock-Ease is 75% wool, 25% nylon and has been treated with aloe. It feels pretty nice — a bit like Regia or any other basic sock yarn. (Mom also got to pick out a ball of Trekking for more new socks. And I maybe got a second ball of the pink Sock-Ease so I can...)
  5. Then knit myself one (or three) new pairs of socks. Number to be determined.
  6. Try not to cast on anything new.
That last one is probably the most important. Now taking bets as to when I cast on something new.

No comments: