22 April 2008

Yarn collection.

So this weekend, I did some reorganization (read: spring cleaning) and after I put away my sweaters (and boots and coats and scarves and mittens and hats), I decided to do a little more organization in the way of my knitting paraphernalia.

I went to Target and bought two new Rubbermaid bins (the kind that you can stick under the bed) and collected all the yarn from Knitting in the Heartland, a road trip to the Yarn Barn, and various UFO nights at MisKnits. I put mostly sweater yarn and odd balls in the new bins, and tossed all the sock yarn — JUST THE SOCK YARN — into one big bin that I already had.

This is that bin.


DSC01886
Originally uploaded by knitjoknit

I am appalled. APPALLED.

8 comments:

Alyssa said...

This is why I dont reorganize.

Anonymous said...

Been there.... just keep knitting socks! You sock yarn stash will diminish, if you don't keep loading the bin.

littledevilworks said...

Hahaha. You fail. :)

PS I have just as much reason to be appalled in my own home. :)

the Lady said...

Sock yarn is good. If you don't have sock yarn, you can't knit socks. I have a trunk filled with yarn that is mostly for socks, and I'll bet you the dimensions of said trunk are slightly more than that of your Rubbermaid tub. Whenever I find yarn that I don't remember having, I think "wow, I'm so happy and surprised to have that, what good taste I've got!" And continue on with life.

Gwen said...

I had one of my new friends over this weekend and she wanted to see the yarn, so I pulled out the two under the bed storage units that hold the sock yarn and then pulled the two full-size rubermaid containers that hold the sweater yarn, then we looked where I hard yarn stashed in the book case and then when we were sitting on my couch drinking diet coke, she noticed the yarn I had stashed in the egg basket in front of my fireplace... I can't decide whether to be appalled or proud of my yarn collection...

bbstewart said...

Spring cleaning can be dangerous! I have to do some soon too. My mother is coming to visit in less than a month and I have to find a place to hide all of the yarn stash since she will be staying in the room it now currently occupies.

Anonymous said...

Sigh. People in glass houses shouldn't throw stones so I have no comment. :-)

Christine said...

If all my sockyarn were in a tub, I'd totally have to dump it out and roll all around in it. Just because I could. I don't know if I could handle seeing all the sockyarn out at once like that. Wow.

Your tub is lovely. Be proud of it.