28 April 2008

Vote!

For my next sock project.

I can feel my meds kicking in, so I'll make this quick. I want to make a pair of Jaywalkers. (Formerly at the now-sadly-defunct MagKnits, but always available from the lovely Grumperina.)

So. Here are the choices.

Starting from the left, we have Opal Rainforest Flamingo. I think it will make lovely jaywalkers, (I've even seen some lately, perchance on Ravelry?) But there is also the Noro. Kureyon, in a sock weight. We've waited years, Noro, years, for this blessing to come upon us so we could knit Noro Jaywalker kneesocks.

Next is Yarning Yenta, whose self-striping Muppet yarns are completely endearing... until you get to the Fraggles. Wembley is my favorite, but there was no Wembley yarn, so I chose Mokey, with her colors of early spring. Self-striping early spring Jaywalkers. Priceless. And then I came across an old Jitterbug, Marble, who had been biding her time in the stash, knowing that her day would come soon... I think the slight variegation would work well with the jaywalker.

Th'red Head Sharday, a merino/tencel blend in a deep wine color, handdyed to a semi-solid state. Silky and smooth, these would be socks you'd almost need garters to keep up. I got it at the RenFest in KC last autumn.

I CAN'T DECIDE! (At this point I am most prone to melodramatics as I am losing consciousness.)

Leave a comment, telling me which sock yarn should become:
The Jaywalkers of Summer '08!

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

I vote for Flamingo! But I may be biased...

My second choice would have to be the Fraggle yarn. Fun!

the Lady said...

I vote Noro... because you can make a set of fraternal twin Jaywalkers in THE NEW NORO SILK GARDEN!!!

bbstewart said...

I vote for the Noro. Bright beautiful Jaywalkers, what could be better!

Gale Bulkley said...

Noro. Most certainly the Noro.

littledevilworks said...

I vote Flamingo! :)

Anonymous said...

Make them all!!

lubke-moss said...

Do them ALL!!!!!

Teri said...

I vote for the Noro sock yarn. I'd love to see how that looks in a Jaywalker.

Anonymous said...

I vote for the Noro then the Flamingo.

Lynn

Gwen said...

I vote for Flamingo

Anonymous said...

I think you should knit with the Noro and send me the Flamingo. ;-)

Stefanie said...

NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!NO-RO!