06 April 2008

There is too much. Let me sum up.

(Cool points to whomever can name the movie to which the title of this post refers.)

(Wow, that was a HUGE grammar geek sentence.)

The weekend in purchases:

Friday
Adorable little charm from MisKnits. Sterling silver, ball of yarn and needles. Love. It. Christine got the other one like this, and there were (note the use of the past tense) others. Amber said she would order more.

Yarn that reminds me of an ice cream sundae. Also from MisKnits. ArtYarns Ultramerino 4, color 130. I have been coveting this since it came in, and Amber wouldn't let me buy any because of my Lenten yarn diet. MEAN. But I snagged some as she was packing up for KITH.

Saturday

La Paz 100% merino wool from Textiles a Mano in St. Joseph. This is amazing stuff. If you can't read the label, it says 800 yards for $22. I still can hardly believe it. This is enough to make a whole sweater. So I'm going to make Glee. Because, you know, I don't have enough sweaters in my Ravelry queue.

Feet First sock yarn from PJ at Cottage Fiber. I love it. It reminds me of tropical fish — this will become more Pomatomus socks, if I ever get around to knitting the first pair.

I also found a whole set of 14 antique pearly buttons from Classy Glass Designs. Really great prices! She also makes really pretty jewelry and stitch markers. Mine are buried at the bottom of my bag. I don't have the energy to dig them out at the moment.

Sunday

Super cute buttons from Bonkers Handmade Originals. They're monkey buttons! I loved Curious George as a kid, and I was so excited to find these pins! Until I came across the monkey buttons, I was having a really hard time deciding between all the great buttons Traci had.

Shy Violets worsted from Dome Hill Yarns. I loved all of her semisolid colors. Gorgeous!

This came from Two Windows Dye Co. It's more blue-green than it looks in the picture — I promise it's not red and green. Super-dee-duper soft.

KITH in a nutshell:

I had a great time. Stefanie was AWESOME. I took two of her classes (and started two of her designs — don't worry, I used stash yarn) and I'm really excited about both. I think they'll be great. We had a great time with her, and I hope she had fun, too.

I taught two classes: Charts (by myself!) and magic loop toe up socks with the Other Jo. Both were fun. I always get so excited when people are excited about knitting. Teaching was a lot of fun, and a learning experience for me.

I am in a wool coma.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Are you serious?? Are there people who can't name that movie??

Yo, Indigo, its The Princess Bride!

You are my people :)

Teri said...

And apparently there are people who think there's this purplish blue guy in the movie brandishing a sword.

You know, instead of Inigo.

Jo, you got some nice stash enhancements!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that's some stash enhancement!

Sara said...

Whoops! I guess I was on automatic spelling :)

Jo said...

Teri's comment made me snort ice water out my nose.

Jo, was nobody in charge of watching you? THAT IS A LOT OF YARN.

Granted, once I finish uploading my stash enhancement, you'll recite the proverb about people in glass houses.

I STILL can't believe you taught two classes. You are beyond awesome.

the Lady said...

What a haul!