10 April 2008

New project.

Over the weekend, I took two classes with Stefanie Japel, author of Fitted Knits. They were both pattern classes, so I started two sweaters. I decided to pick one and work on it exclusively (well, just the one sweater — socks and hats and mittens don't count.) (Because I have a fickle knitter's heart.)

I chose to stick with the Airy Wrap Cardi. I am totally rockin' this sweater.

After a mishap with counting, I am almost done with the body. (Do you have any idea how hard it is to take a picture of your own back?) I've decided to leave the cables off the body, because they'll just be covered up by the long wraps around the waist. There are no fronts at the moment, which is why you get a picture of the back of it.

The yarn is Lane Cervinia Softer in color 3302 (light blue) and it's really quite nice. I got it out of Carmen's stash. It's a 50% mohair, 50% acrylic blend, and it's just the right amount of fuzzy. It's also not itchy. I got gauge with the suggested needle size, a US 11, so this is flying at 10 sts/4 in. I think this will be a nice sweater to wear over a bridesmaid dress. How handy that I'll be wearing one at the end of May.

The other sweater I cast on this weekend was the Drop-Stitch Lace tank. Not to worry, I'm not abandoning it — I just figured I'd be more productive if I worked on one at a time rather than both at once.

How GREAT was The Office tonight? I'm so glad it's back.

ETA: because it is amusing.

4 comments:

littledevilworks said...

It looks great- it's a really beautiful color on you! I'm hoping to get to mine next week on the plane to LA. Can't wait to see it finished!

the Lady said...

Hey, I fiddled with my blog layout today too! I like your heading! Cool sweater!

Alyssa said...

Did you change the layout? I like it.

Jo said...

I love your Scrabble layout. I also heart your sweater.

I called you earlier but you didn't answer - must have been winding yarn and magic looping in your sleep.