Are you participating in the Ravelympics? I'll be competing in several events for Team Mine, the official Selfish Knitters team. My primary events will be Sock Hockey and Stash Compulsory Dance, for a pair of socks made with yarn that has been sitting in my stash for at least 1 year. (Let's face it, I could use just about any of my sock yarn to enter the stash event.) My secondary events will be Aerial Unwind, for which I will be frogging my Mr Greenjeans, and WIPs-Dancing, in which I will finish my Clapotis.
Now, the fun news is that I am planning to be on a road trip that first weekend of the Olympics, and even more exciting, I will not be doing all the driving! Which means I can knit! Which means I have a fighting chance at actually finishing something in a timely manner!
I am still trying to decide what sock yarn and pattern to use. I'm thinking something out of Knitting on the Road, because I will be on the road when the Olympics starts. Other suggestions?
1 comment:
I think the Denmark socks are in Knitting on the Road. Last year I made a pair in a day and they are great. The cables only have a few stitches so doing them without a cable needle in the car would be relatively easy. Good luck with your events.
Post a Comment