24 January 2010

Progress.

I finished the back of my dad's vest tonight and started work on the front. It seems enormous, but that's probably because I am used to knitting rather small sweaters for myself. I'll make an effort to finish the front soon so you can have a photo.

I decided on yarn for my Ravelympics project! I'll be using Fleece Artist Nova Sock (purchased ages ago from L in a destash) in the color pixie, a lovely shade of lavender. Upon further inspection of the pattern, I've determined that I will need to add stitches, as the pattern is written for a sportweight yarn and my yarn is definitely fingering weight. So I will probably add 8 sts, in the ribbing on either side of the sock. Also, I will knit these socks toe-up, so I'll have to flip the chart. And I'm not going to knit the nupps. So really, I'm going to be knitting socks that are loosely based on the Denmark socks, but that aren't really much like the Denmark socks at all.

1 comment:

Chery said...

Will I get to see you Tuesday?