I'm working on Mr. Greenjeans, a Knitty pattern, in Berroco Peruvia, a nice fuzzy worsted-weight wool that will keep me delightfully warm once the sweater is finished.
If you've been paying attention to your Ravelry friends page, you may have noticed a huge amount of yarn added over the weekend. I promise I did not go on some yarn binge and spend hundreds of dollars in one weekend. Only sort of. Most of that yarn has been accumulated over the last 6 to 9 months, with only a very little bit of it purchased on a recent weekend that involved TWO yarn crawls. And really, who am I to turn down GGH Soft-Kid for $2/skein, when it is regularly $11/skein? So I have probably officially reached SABLE (Stash Acquisition Beyond Life Expectancy) and really, I'm OK with that.
There is lots of baby knitting in the works, and in the meantime, an adorable photo:
I get to meet Oliver on Thursday! I'm flying up late Thursday night, and taking the train home on Sunday. I will have lots and lots of time to knit.


2 comments:
AWWWWWWWWW He's adorable. Absolutely adorable! I love train knitting! Not actually DONE any, but I'm sure I'd love it. Sounds so European.
Have fun Aunt Jo!
Post some more about Oliver when you get the chance, please.
Thank you for the compliment Jo. I. LOVE. Knitting. Lilleput. The downside is that it comes in only 1 size (0-3 mos). I wonder if it could be upsized by changing yarn weight, or if it would need a lot of futzing?
Post a Comment