So because I am a selfish knitter and a horrible daughter, I am avoiding working on my dad's sweater by taking up with projects like this:
This is Thorpe, a free Ravelry download, knitted in a single evening with a skein of Dream in Color Groovy and US 9 DPNs. I taught myself how to half-double crochet (I still have no concept of what that means) using a video from YouTube and some contrasting Dream in Color Classy I had leftover in the stash. I love it deeply and passionately and am already making plans for another in a different color.
Also in the spirit of avoidance, I am working on UFOs that have been languishing since summer, when I took this part-time employment and lost all my free time. (The feature of a new boyfriend probably doesn't help with the free time.)
3 comments:
Yeah those boyfriends are a time suck :)
Covering your head in winter is not an avoidance tactic. It's necessary.
adorable!
Post a Comment